The most common problem that men, women and children face once in their lifetime is Stomach ache. Stomach ache can be either due to momentary or serious diseases. It is the pain that happens in abdominal area of human body. Improper bowel movements, unbalanced diet and lack in any physical activities are becoming the most common reasons why a person experiences Stomach ache.
Stomach ache can be mild or severe and the reasons behind it can also vary. Pain associated with appendicitis, gallbladder inflammation, kidney stones, hernia or urinary tract infection can all mislead to Stomach ache. Finding out the exact cause for Stomach ache is important to take the right home remedy and have better relief from it.
Stomach ache can be usually due to indigestion, food poisoning, too much gas formation, persistent constipation, etc. The common symptoms involves vomiting, uneasy feeling in stomach, dysentery with blood, loss of appetite, burning sensation in stomach and acidity in urine and chest.
There is no need to panic in such cases as you can follow some simple and natural home remedies for treating Stomach ache.
Natural home remedies for treating Stomach ache;
- The age old remedy of Ajwain with salt is the best result for Stomach ache due to indigestion. Dry and roast some Ajwain Add a pinch of salt and swallow it with water. This is very effective and easy remedy for children.
- Yogurt or curd is an excellent probiotic. The good bacteria in curd or yogurt helps in treating indigestion.
- For kids, warm a little asafoetida or hing (Asafoetida) in a spoon and mix it with little milk. Make the kid drink this. You can also try to make a paste of hing with water and apply it on the belly of kid. This helps in relieving gas from Stomach ache.
- Try to avoid spicy foods instead eat foods like curd rice, khichdi, oatmeal, etc. that are easy to digest.
- Take 1 teaspoon fresh mint leaf or podina juice and 1 teaspoon lime juice. Mix them well with few drops of ginger juice and little black salt. Drink this for instant relief.
- Extract the juice of small piece ginger and massaging it on the bottom of belly provides relief.
- Take 2 teaspoon lemon juice and add 1/4 teaspoon rock salt powder in 1/2 glass water. Try to take this water 3 times a day.
- Take some anardhana or pomegranate seeds and add some black salt and kali mirch or peppercorn powder to it. Take this for good relief.
- Chewing some Fennel seeds or saunf is also effective in relieving Stomach ache.
- Take equal quantity i.e. 8-10 grams of neem seeds, tulsi (holy basil) leaves and sonth or dried ginger. Add 10 kali mirch or peppercorn and blend it to smooth powder. Lick this unique herbal powder for relief from Stomach ache.
- Mix coriander or dhania powder with little sugar candy. Take this for stopping Stomach ache.
- Take 8-10 laung or lavang or clove powder and add it to water. Let the water boil on low flame. Take this water once it cools for good results.
- Mix jaiphal or nutmeg oil with some sugar for relief from Stomach ache due to acidity.
- Take 2 grams each of oregano seeds, cumin seeds and rock salt and blend it to fine powder. Extract half lemon’s juice and mix the powder to it. Take this powder with 1 glass lukewarm water.
- Take 20 grams aniseed and soak it in 1 glass water for overnight. Next morning strain it and drink this water.
- Take 3 grams each of carom seeds and rock salt. Mix it in 1 glass warm water and have it.
- Take 1 teaspoon each of ginger juice and castor oil. Mix it in 1 cup warm water and have this 2 times a day.
- Prepare mint tea by taking a handful of fresh mint leaves or podina and 1 cup water. Boil water and add the mint leaves to it. Cover and steep it for5-10 min. Try to sip this tea for instant relief and if possible you can also chew the leaves.
- Prepare a mix with 1/4 juice extract of potatoes with 3/4 cup water. Try to have this mix every morning empty stomach. If required you can also add 1-2 teaspoon lemon juice and honey for better taste.
Try to eat 2 ripe bananas, lots of green leafy & vegetables and some curd as your every day routine. Drinking lots of water also helps for proper bowel movement. Along with proper food and water, it is also important to be physically active for proper digestion. Try some basic or simple exercises like walking in the park, doing some yoga which are all very effective in staying fit and fine.
Natural home remedies mentioned above can provide you effective relief from Stomach ache. However, if you still have pain or loss in appetite or constipation or other issues that are not subsiding, kindly consult an ayurvedic doctor for proper examination.
1 thought on “Natural Home Remedies for Treating Stomach Pain”