We notice some people very frequently rushing to toilet and this process keeps repeating a lot of times. It is a funny situation when it is not happening to you. The person who is going to bathroom so many times would be frustrated and tired. Why is it happening to him/her? It is because the person has Loose motion.
Loose Motion or also known as diarrhea is frequent passage of loose stools or watery unformed stools. Loose Motion can drain all your energy as each time you pass loose stools; you are losing water and minerals from your body.
Loose Motion is not a serious condition in adults. However, for infants it can cause serious health issues due to loss of important nutrients from body. In adults, Loose motion can cause weakness, weight loss, loss of appetite, pain in stomach, dry mouth, etc. If you don’t take good quantity of water during Loose motion, you can end up dehydrated.
There are various factors that can trigger Loose motion. Food that is not digested, food poisoning or infection from bacteria, food allergies, some medicines, too much eating, less nutrition, stress, too much intake of alcohol, etc. are all causes for Loose motion. Loose Motion can usually stay for 2-3 days. It actually flushes out the entire toxin from body and stops by itself if not treated sometimes. It also depends on every individual’s capacity to keep passing loose stools. Some people become weak just by 2-5 times visit to bathroom. If not treated properly, Loose Motion can become life threatening.
Loose Motion can also be due to irritable bowel movement or chronic disease of large intestine which requires proper medical treatment. The not so serious Loose motion can be treated through simple and natural readily available contents at home.
Simple home remedies for stopping Loose motion;
- Mustard seeds have high anti bacterial property hence it is very helpful if Loose Motion is due to bacterial infection.
- Take 1/4 teaspoon of mustard seeds and add it to 1 tablespoon water. Soak it for 1 hour and then drink that water 2 or 3 times a day.
- Lemon has high anti inflammatory properties which makes it very good for stopping loose motion.
- Prepare a juice of 1 lemon with little salt and sugar to taste. Drink this juice every hour.
- Pomegranate is known for its benefits in stopping Loose motion.
- You can either eat 2 pomegranates a day or prepare juice of it and have 1 glass 3 times a day for good result.
- Add pomegranate leaves to water and bring this water to boil with the leaves in it. Drinking this water also helps in stopping Loose motion.
- Fenugreek seeds or methi have anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties.
- Blend 1 or 2 teaspoons of dried fenugreek seeds into fine powder. Mix this in 1 glass water and have it every morning empty stomach.
- Take buttermilk with little salt or jeera powder or black pepper powder 2 or 3 times a day for relief from Loose motion.
- Mint leaves or podina have anti-bacterial property and are very good for digestion.
- Extract the juice of few fresh mint leaves to get 1 teaspoon of it. To this add 1 teaspoon each of honey and lime juice. Mix this well and have it 2 or 3 times a day.
- Bottle gourd juice helps in maintaining water content in body and prevents from getting dehydrated during Loose motion.
- Peel 1 fresh bottle gourd and blend it well to extract its juice. Have this juice 2 times a day.
- Ginger has high anti bacterial and anti fungal properties. Also, it is very good for digestion and stomach pain.
- Take 1/2 teaspoon dried ginger powder or you can also take a small piece of fresh ginger. Pound it and add it to buttermilk. Take this buttermilk 3-4 times a day. You can see considerable changes in 2 days.
- Grate 1 raw papaya and add it to 3 cups of water. Boil it for 10 minutes and strain the water. Drink it warm 2 -3 times a day.
- Prepare herbal tea and drink it 3 times a day. Take 1 teaspoon each of chamomile flower and fresh peppermint leaves in 1 glass water. Boil water and allow steeping for 15 minutes. Strain the water and drink it.
- Try to avoid intake of milk products like cheese, milk, milk powder, coffee prepared with milk, etc.
- Try to take bananas with little curd.
- Try to drink lot of tender coconut.
- Take 2 teaspoon lemon juice. To this add 1/2 teaspoon ginger paste and a little black pepper. Mix well and eat this 2 times a day.
- Take 2 teaspoon each of cumin seeds and fenugreek seeds. Roast them and grind it to fine powder. Take 4 teaspoon of this powder and mix it with 1 cup yogurt. Mix it well and eat it 3 times a day.
- Take 1 onion and slice it length wise into thin pieces. Fry this onion on a pan with 2-3 teaspoon ghee till golden brown. Eat plain rice with this fried onion. This helps to reduce pain in abdomen and frequency of passing stools.
- Take few ripped bananas mash it with little salt. Eat this 2-3 times a day.
- Take 1 teaspoon date or khajoor paste with little honey. Have this 3 times a day for regulating bowels.
- Take 5-10 grams amla seed powder mixed with buttermilk. Have this 2-3 times a day.
- Strong black tea without sugar is also very effective in stopping Loose motion.
When you have Loose motion it is best to fast. Try not to eat rather drink as much fluids as possible. In case you are feeling hungry and want to eat, try with foods that are easy to digest. Food like curd rice, bananas, apples, pomegranate, etc. can be taken in small quantity. Try not to eat too much at a time instead try to eat less but more frequently if required. Try to rest your body as much as possible. If you follow the guidelines provided, you can recover easily from Loose Motion.