Hair fall, to both man and woman specially, is a big matter of concern when the sight of a hair brush or comb is full with hairs. It can cause mental distress and emotional breakdown.
A person can lose up to 100 strands of hairs per day. But, losing more hair can cause baldness. Anyhow, this is not a life-threatening condition and there are various remedies available to prevent and stop hair loss.
There are many causes for hair loss. The most common reason is Stress. People with vitamin B and folic acid deficiency also lose hair.
However, with proper diagnosis and intake of these vitamins and food containing these vitamins, hair grows normally.
Few diseases like, Thyroid, Typhoid, Chronic cold, Anaemia also cause hair fall.
Unclean scalp also weakens the hair roots and causes hair fall. Dandruff is one of the most common reasons of Hair fall.
Home Remedies for Dandruff:
- Keep your comp clean and sanitized. A host of germs grow in unclean combs. Try to keep separate combs for each members of the family.
- Do not wash hair too often. It removes the healthy oily substance created by body for hair and scalp making it too dy.
- Clean the Hair 2-3 times a week with a mild shampoo. Do not get cheated by advertisements with strong shampoo which can cause adverse effect on your scalp and hair health.
- Take some need bark and boil it in water to prepare a decoction. Apply it half an hour before washing hair.
- Neem oil and camphor are also found to be effective in treating dandruff. Take a mixture of both and apply on hair before washing hair.
- Freshly extracted lemon juice with pure coconut oil can be applied on scalp to get rid of dandruff.
Home Remedies for Hair fall:
Below are few best home remedies which will help you from hair loss.
- Take a handful of fresh neem leaves and boil it will 2 cups of water. Cool it and filter it. Rinse your hair with this water.
- Soak methi(fenugreek) seeds overnight, grind it and make a paste. Apply this paste on hair and wash it after 20 minutes.
- Apply fresh Aloevera juice on scalp and wash it after 30 mins. Repeat twice a week.
- Grind 1-2 Onions and squeeze out the juice. Apply this to scalp and wash after 20 minutes.
- Apply fresh lemon juice in scalp and hair and wash hair after 30 minutes.
- Mix 1tsp honey and 1tsp olive oil in 2 egg white. Apply this from root to tips. And wash after 20 minutes.
- Soak 2-3 tea bags in 1-2 cups of hot water. Gently massage your head and rinse with water after an hour.
- Mix 2tsp of yoghurt in 1tsp of honey and 1tsp of lemon and apply this on the scalp. Rinse with cold water after 30 minutes.
Below medicines are recommended by Ayurveda practitioners. We highly recommend to take advise from a qualified practitioner before trying Ayurveda medicines.
- Bhringaraj Tailam is recommended to apply on the scalp.
- Khadirarista which is known as a blood purifier is also recommended to cure dandruff. 20 ml of this mix with water is prescribed to patients.
- Brihat Haridra Khanda is recommended to take with water. Its known as one of the best medicine to control dandruff.
- Often Gandhak Rasayana 60 mg is prescribed to chronic patients of dandruff and fungal infection
- Septilin is recommended in case of scalp infection diagnosis.