What is Ear Infection?
Ear infection, also known as “Otitis”, refers to the inflammation of the outer ear or the middle ear. It mostly occurs as a result of cold and is most common in spring months and winters. It is widely common in small children. In extreme cases, the ear infection can also lead to hearing loss.
Causes of Eear Infection.
Plugged Eustachian Tube (small tube connecting ear with the nose) is one of the most common cause of ear infection. Other than this, bacterial infections, sinus infections, colds and excessive fluid or earwax also cause the ear infection. If you or your child has an ear infection, then there is no need to worry as there are several home remedies which you can use to cure the ear infection.
Home Remedies for Ear Infection.
- Make some warm onion juice and put two to three drops of it in each of the ear.
- An effective home remedy for curing ear infection is putting some drop of hydrogen peroxide in the ear for ten minutes.
- Putting mustard oil into the ears also prevents ear infection.
- Heat a cup of salt for 2-3 minutes in a microwave and then fill it in a small bag of cotton or socks and then place the bag or socks close to the infected ear. It reduces pain as well as swelling caused due to ear infection.
- Make a mixture of 1 tsp of almond carrier oil, two drops of lavender oil, three drops of tea tree and two drops of chamomile oil and warm it and then put some drops of it into the infected ear three times a day and see the difference.
- Put 1-2 drops of olive oil in the ear. It helps cure the infection as well as reduce the irritation caused in the ear
- Take out juice from a tender mango and make it a bit Luke warm and put 3-4 drops in your ear and see the infection will vanish within few days.
These were some of the best home remedies which you can use to cure the ear infection. However, apart from following these home remedies you also need to take proper care of your ears. Avoid inserting or pricking your ears with hairpins, pens or any other foreign materials. This will only intensify the ear infection. So avoid it. Also, concentrate more on including Vitamin C in your diet as it helps fight infection.
6 thoughts on “Home remedies for Ear Infection”
I have some problem in left ear there is some fu fu sound all the time pl. suggest some aurvedic treatment.
There can be several reasons why you are facing this problem. I will suggest to visit a reputed doctor near by and get your ear examined. Don’t take any medicine without a proper diagnosis.
We donot prescribe any medicines in our site to any patients.
I am suffering from sinus as well as swelling in my both ears. Pls suggest some ayurvedic medicine or home remedies .
My son, sagar patil,23 years old, suffering from bilateral chronic ear infections. Started at 6 months and went through tube incision, than cholesteotoma surgeries on both ears at least 3 to 4 times on each ear. Ear infection case is out of doctors hand and continuously draining right ear for last 2 years. 5 years ago ulcerative colitis.started which is medium to severe.
Please let me know what can we do
Why ear pain
I m getting pain in left ear after taking Ayurvedic medicines why