What is Dandruff?
Dandruff is a chronic condition of the scalp affecting the majority of people both men as well as women. It is marked by flaking and itching of the skin on the scalp. Though it is not considered to be a contagious or a dangerous skin disorder, it can become a cause of embarrassment and may also be sometimes not easy to treat.
Causes of Dandruff
There are many factors which cause dandruff. Dry skin, sensitivity to hair products, psoriasis, irritating, oily skin, eczema and yeast like fungus are some of the most common factors that cause dandruff. Though dandruff is a common sight, there is no need to fear about this fungal disorder as many medies available which can help you get rid of dandruff.
Home Remedies of Dandruff:
- For the benefit of the scalp and hair, take a hot steam bath. Massage your hair with hot oil and then for a few minutes wrap a warm damp towel around your head. Apply hot oil one or two times a week and continue doing so for three months to get better results.
- Take coconut oil and immerse some peels of lemon in it for 8-10 days. Once done, sieve it and then apply it on your hair. It will help you get rid of dandruff
- Expose your head to the sun rays if you don’t have enough time to spend on these home remedies
- Wash your hair with green gram powder mixed with curd for two weeks.
- Cider vinegar when added to the water while bathing prevents dandruff to a large extent.
- Apply a mixture of beetroot juice and vinegar on the scalp. You can also use a mix of beetroot juice and ginger juice if you don’t like or are allergic to vinegar
- If you feel burning sensation on the scalp then apply a mixture of almond oil and olive oil and allow it to settle there for 5 minutes
- Rubbing snakegourd juice will also help you in getting rid of dandruff.
- Avoid foods such as meat, sugar, hard coffee or tea, soft drinks, processed fruits, and pickles. Concentrate more on eating raw foods such as vegetables, raw nuts, fresh fruits, whole grain cereals and sprouted seeds.