What is Constipation?
Constipation is a condition wherein there are infrequent movements in the bowel. It is also a condition in which there is an incomplete emptying of bowels. It is basically a disturbance in the normal functioning of the digestive tract.
Causes of Constipation:
There are various reasons associated with constipation like weak abdominal muscles, irregular habits of eating, low intake of fluids, incomplete chewing of food, holding back stools at times of pressure, diseases such as diabetes, sluggish live, colitis are some of the factors that lead to constipation. If you are also suffering from constipation then don?t panic as there are various home remedies available which you help to get rid of constipation.
Home remedies for constipation:
- Drinking pots of water is one of the best things you can do to keep constipation at bay. Water helps to cleanse the system and also normalize the bowel movements. Drink at least 6-8 glasses of water on a daily basis. This helps in dissolving the food nutrients as well as ensures proper digestion of food.
- Drink at least half a cup of cabbage juice at least two times a day to get rid of constipation.
- Eating dates with milk are also beneficial in curing constipation. This is one of the best home remedies that go in treating constipation. Take high amounts of figs with water if the constipation is chronic in nature.
- A mixture of half a cup of orange juice and half a cup of olive oil plays a significant role in eradicating constipation.
- Before going to bed drink a full glass of warm water with fennel seeds added in it. Fennel has the tendency to boost the process of digestion and is also effective in treating digestive problems.
- A mixture of carrot juice and spinach juice is also one of the best home remedies which help cure constipation.
- Take 1-2 tsp of almond oil with milk. Do this for at least three to four days and see how it will actually reduce the effects of constipation.
- Drink at least two glasses of orange juice. However, while drinking this juice see to it that you take it empty stomach. Hence, morning time is the preferred time to drink orange juice. Do this for 8-10 days and see the difference it will make.
- 2-4 tsp of castor oil is also one of the proven home remedies that help cure constipation.
3 thoughts on “Home remedies for Constipation”
Frequent mouth alcer, migraine, acidity,
Sir I have piles and constipation