The nose is an important and fragile organ of the human body. Any facial ordeal may lead to nose bleeding. Repeated nose bleeding is harmful and should be given immediate attention.
Many a times it is seen that patients with high blood pressure are much prone to it. Few of the other reasons which cause nose bleeding are as follows.
- Inhaling dry air may rupture the nasal septum.
- Intake of excessive narcotics.
- In summers, extreme heat is the culprit causing nose bleeding.
- Hypertension and deficiency of Vitamins.
- Excessive smoking.
- Intake of alcoholic drinks.
- High Blood pressure.
Epistaxis or nose bleed may be cured by following some simple remedial steps at home as follows:
- Use of Basil leaves-: Basil is considered as ‘Holy’ among the Hindus. The juice obtained after rubbing the leaves can be poured into the nostrils to check bleeding.
- Cold water Bandage-: A cold and icy water bandage on the forehead can give relief up to a great extent.
- Onion Juice-: Apply the juice of onion in the nasal chambers.
- Coriander leaves Paste-: Paste of fresh coriander leaves (commonly called Dhaniya Patti) can be applied to the brow. Also the lovely smell of the herb can be effective too.
- The Juicy Coconut-: Daily intake of coconut early morning being empty stomach may lessen the chances of nose bleeding.
- Sap of Grapes-: The sap of grapes when taken with honey is effectual for curing Epistaxis.
- Pine bark Extract-: Extort of pine bark has bioflavonoids, which help in healing blood capillaries in the nasal region.
- White Vinegar-: Soak a cotton ball or cloth in white vinegar and apply it to the effected nose. It seals the vessel.
Prevention and Preclusion
After going through the ‘Natural curative therapies’, the prevention should also taken into notice. Few are as follows-
- Gulkand or rose petal jam is a delicious Indian delicacy. It is an Ayurvedic medicine also. To avoid a bloody nose, take one teaspoonful of Gulkand every day.
- Amla (Indian Gooseberry) is very rich in Vitamin C, Calcium and Iron. The murabba or juice of amla prepared at home can be taken daily morning with water to make way from nose bleeding.
- Drinking sufficient water daily will lead to a healthy nose.
- Bread prepared from whole wheat or the ‘Brown bread’ or ‘Brown rice’ has ample of Zinc nutrient in it. Zinc helps in maintaining the body’s blood-vessels.
- Dark green leafy vegetables must be taken in the diet.
The nose is the crucial ‘breathing organ’. If due to any reason it will not function properly, ultimately the whole body will suffer. So, it’s necessary to take precautionary measures to never face Epistaxis. Eating spicy food should be controlled. After following the old Grandmother’s tips also if the problem is getting serious, a Doctor’s advice is the best.
So, visit your doctor!
1 thought on “Home Remedies for Nose Bleeding”
For my 6 yr old son who gets frequent nasal bleeding whenever he is exposed to hot temperature room and his nose is very sensitive . One Ayurvedic doctor advised to take ‘Migra forte tab’ for prevention and strengthening of blood capillaries. I googled about this tablet but could not get result . Would like to know about this tablet please.