Bed wetting means urinating in bed at night unknowingly. Few children gain control over the bladder at the age of 3-4 years and stop urination in bed. But, for few this mechanism is weak, and they pass urine in bed. For few it continues till 15-20 years and creates embarrassing situation in teenagers.
- Physical factors like, shyness, fear, conflicts between parents, problems in school, feel insecure.
- Emotional factors can also cause bedwetting.
- Infection in the urinary system.
- Structural defect in the tract.
- Thread worms in the stool
- Mix sarso powder(sarshapa) in a cup of milk and give at night before going to bed.
- A teaspoon of honey should be given before going to bed.
Below medicines are recommended by Ayurveda practitioners to treat Bedwetting. Although most of the ayurvedic medicines are safe, we highly recommend taking advise from a qualified practitioner before trying below mentioned medicines.
- 1-2 tablets of Neo can be given twice a day for 2-3 months.
- ½ tablet of Chandraprabha vati can be given twice a day.
- ½ tablet of Shilajitvadi vati can be given with some warm milk.
Do’s and Don’ts:
- Go for evening walks.
- No oral liquids should be taken after 4pm.
- Urinate before going to bed.
- Spicy and fried food items should be not given as these cause gas.
- Do not scold the children before going to bed.