Eyelid Cysts is also known as Chalazion which is a small lump under the eyelid that is caused due to a block in the oil gland. These lumps can be formed on either upper or lower eyelid.
Swelling, discharge of water from eyes, pain, itching, redness, sensitive to lights, etc are some common symptoms of Eyelid Cysts. The causes for Eyelid Cysts are dust and dirt, poor hygiene, cosmetics, dirty contact lens, rubbing of eyes very often with dirty hands, or bacteria.
Eyes are the most sensitive and important part of the human body. It is very essential to maintain a good hygiene before touching eyes. Slightest irritation or infection in the eyes can lead to severe eye problems. It becomes necessary to treat these Eyelid Cysts as soon as it erupts as leaving it for long can cause problems in vision.
There are some simple and easy to do remedies to treat Eyelid Cysts.
- The best remedy that is readily available is water. Take some water and clean your eye, so all the dirt particles can be washed off. It is better to use cold water to clean or use warm compress for your eye.
- Take some rose water and mix little honey. This is a very good remedy to treat Eyelid Cysts.
- Take some cold milk and wash your eyes for a soothing effect. To help in healing the Cysts faster, try evaporated milk.
- A few drops of breast milk is known to treat Eyelid Cysts.
- Cut a few onions and take its juice. Pour the juice on the Eyelid for a quick treatment.
- Take 300 ml water and add 2 tablespoon coriander seeds to it. Allow it to boil for 15-20 min. Strain the mixture and leave it to cool. Use this water to wash eyes twice a day.
- A chemical content by name Tannin in tea is very good for relief from Eyelid Cysts. Take a tea bag and dip it in water. Remove it and press it on the eyelid, where Cysts is there. This can be repeated 5 times a day.
- Take some fresh guava leaves and warm them up. Place it in a clean dry cloth and keep it on the Cysts for some time. This reduces the pain and redness in the eye.
- Take some fresh acacia leaves and boil them in water. Dip a clean cloth in this water and use it as a warm compress over the Cysts.
- Massage eye gently to reduce swelling and inflammation.
- Eat a diet that is rich in omega 3 or flax seeds and lots of fruits and vegetables.
- Take some turmeric and add it to milk. Drink once daily for effective result.
- Take some fresh parsley leaves and brew it for 10 min in boiling water. Take a clean cloth and dip it in the water. Keep it over the affected area for 15 min.
- Take some fresh garlic and extract the juice. Apply this juice over the affected area.
- Take some potato and make it a paste. On a clean cloth spread the paste and apply it on the affected area to reduce swelling.
- Take one clove and soak it in water. Apply this water on the affected area to reduce pain.
Maintaining a good hygiene for eyes, avoiding excess use of cosmetics, washing eyes with clean water, etc are some simple steps to follow to avoid Eyelid Cysts. Apart from the simple steps also try not to touch or burst the Cysts as it can spread the infection. As much as possible, avoid touching it with hands or rubbing it. Even after following one of the above steps Eyelid Cysts still persists, please consult a doctor for complete examination. Early detection and proper treatment is very important as it can lead to problems with vision.