Each one of us plan for our lives after retirement to fulfill our wishes, which we could not do before. We save and stabilize our finances accordingly and hope to stay in the best of health. But one cannot ignore the fact that with aging comes physical complications. Gradually, we realize that our body is not as fit as it was when we were young. Diseases and physical exhaustion haunt us.
Arthritis is one such disease that affects people who are usually above 40 years of age. Unfortunately, it has also been found in kids and teens these days. Arthritis causes constriction and burden on body parts mainly joints and restricts the patient from physical activity. But do not worry. With proper care, attention and care, we can stay healthy and nothing can spoil the days to come.
Reasons and Symptoms
Arthritis, an autoimmune disease, is affecting millions of people in our country. It can occur due to multifarious reasons. Tear and wear of tissues due to aging, tissue injury and parental genes can result in arthritis. Its symptoms include redness and inflammation in various parts of the body such as fingers, wrist, feet, ankles and joints which are connected by the tissues. If not treated in time, it can result in stiffening of the body parts, leading to deformation.
Effective Home Remedies to Curb Arthritis
- Take 1 teaspoon of triphala in 1 cup or ½ cup of warm water every night before sleeping. It can greatly help curb the pain and swelling of the joints.
- Guggul capsules and Punarnava Mandur tablets can help ease the trouble. These tablets are Ayurvedic and thus have absolutely no side effects.
- Take 1 cup of mustard oil and mix it with 10 gm of camphor. Heat the oil until camphor dissolves and apply the oil on the affected area. This reduces inflammation and stiffness while increasing the blood circulation.
- Potato consist of organic mineral salts and potassium, making it better to fight against arthritis. Slice a potato and keep it soaked in a glass of cold water overnight. Drink the water in the morning before a meal. It helps control the pain in the joints.
- A diet, rich in Vitamin C and Vitamin D, proteins and calcium are advised to put the pain to a minimum. Calcium makes the bones strong and resistant towards deformation. Drinking a lot of water keeps a check on the level of toxins in our body.
- Engaging in physical activities can keep both the body and mind fit. Swimming, jogging and cycling are some easy ways to do so.
These little recommendations can help heal arthritis steadily. Patients who follow these simple techniques can ease their suffering. If a healthy person feels redness and pain joints, do not ignore it as it can be a sign. Follow these easy and affordable remedies and be careful in future. It is always better to follow prevention than later search for a cure.