Do you feel like locking yourself in a room rather than going out with your friends? Do you feel jealous seeing your friend/cousin with clear skin or face? Waiting or praying or trying everything you can to see your face without Acne?
Acne is a problem to most people as it makes an individual feel emotionally distressed. Acne is a skin disease which causes red scaly skin, blackheads, whiteheads, pinheads, large papules, pimples and scarring.
The excess oil production from sebaceous glands leads to block hair follicles. Due to this the dead cells of skin don’t fall off instead stay glued. The accumulation of dirt and dead cells in the pores leads to formation of bacterial infection. This is known as Acne vulgaris or simply Acne.
Acne is formed in areas that have large oil glands like face, upper part of chest, and back. You can notice inflammation in severe Acne, however some Acne can also be non-inflammatory.
Ayurveda explains the cause of Acne as aggravation of pitta dosha. Drinking too much of tea, coffee, alcohol, spicy, oily and fried food can cause Acne. Other reasons like stress, pollution, using chemicals on skin can all lead to Acne.
Acne is generally known as teenagers problem as due to hormonal changes in teenage it triggers many individuals. For some individuals once they pass teenage, their problem with Acne gets solved. While for others, Acne needs serious attention if not it can lead to scars on face and low self confidence to face people.
There are some simple home remedies that can help you deal with Acne;
- Drink at least 7-8 glasses of water as water helps to keep you hydrated. Also, water helps to clean, purify and protect the body from toxicity.
- Drink more fresh fruit or vegetable juices like carrot juice, pumpkin, orange, etc.
- Take some fresh cucumber juice and add either lettuce or carrot juice to it. Now apply this on affected area.
- Aloe vera is a natural herb that is beneficial for skin. Apply aloe vera gel on affected area twice every day.
- Take some fresh fenugreek leaves and pound them well to form a paste. Apply it on affected area and later wash it off with warm water. Do this every night before going to bed as this helps to remove scars.
- Take equal quantity of lemon juice and rose water. Apply this on affected area and leave it for half an hour. Later wash it off with clean water. This helps to cure Acne and its marks.
- Apply almond oil on affected area as it helps to relieve inflammation and dryness of skin.
- Apply sandalwood on face to remove scars. Take a piece of sandalwood and rub it against a wooden base with rose water. Rub till a paste is formed. Apply this paste on scars and leave it overnight. Next morning wash it off with water.
- Take 1 tablespoon each of lemon juice, honey and almond oil. Mix it with 2 tablespoon of milk and apply it on scars once a day for 1 week for good result.
- Take some fresh neem leaves and grind them to form a paste. Apply this paste on affected area to get relief from Acne. Neem has anti bacterial and anti fungal properties that helps to clear off infections.
- Take some turmeric and some fresh neem leaves. Grind them well together and apply it face to remove Acne and its scar.
- Take some fresh podina leaves and pound them well to form a paste. Apply this on face. Podina or mint leaves helps to relief inflammation, patches and blackheads. Also, it helps to remove dry dead cells from skin helping the pores to be open.
- Take 4-5 cups water and allow it to boil. To this add 1/2 teaspoon of whole cumin seeds, whole coriander seeds and whole fennel seeds. Allow it to steep for 10 min covering it with lid. Strain the tea and sip it throughout day. Next morning prepare fresh tea. Drink this regularly for 3-6 months to get good results.
- Use a clay mask regularly as it helps to keep the pores open.
- The toxins accumulated in liver and blood can cause Acne. Hence drink 1/4 cup aloe vera juice every morning empty stomach. To make it taste better, you can add 1/4 cup pomegranate juice.
- Take 75-150 mg guggul which is an ayurvedic herb to improve digestion and hence helps to remove toxins from body which cures Acne.
- Turmeric has anti inflammatory and anti septic properties. You can either make a paste of turmeric piece by rubbing against a wooden base to apply it on affected area or you can try adding turmeric powder into the food that is prepared.
- Try to meditate or do some yoga to relax your mind and body. Relaxed and distressed mind can help cure Acne.
- Take 5-10 gm of Triphala churna daily to purify blood and cure Acne.
- Take 50 ml neem decoction every day empty stomach to cure Acne and blackheads.
- Take 15-30 ml of Saribadi (sugandhipala) kashayam with equal quantity of water after meal twice a day.
- Take 1 teaspoon each cinnamon powder and lemon juice. Mix them well and apply on affected area.
- Take some cinnamon powder and mix it with little honey to form a paste. Apply this paste on affected area before going to bed. Wash it off with water next morning. Repeat this for next 2 weeks to see good results.
- Take equal quantity of fresh lime juice and groundnut oil. Mix them well and apply it on affected area.
- Take some radish seeds and grind them well to form fine powder. Mix it with little water to form a paste and apply it on affected area to remove blackheads.
- Take some fresh tomatoes and grind them well to form paste. Apply it on affected area for 1 hour and later wash it off with water.
Everyone wants a clear and beautiful skin. Try to change your lifestyle, diet and other simple things that might be affecting your body especially skin. Reduce or avoid using chemicals on face. Drink plenty of water, try not to take stress or worry unnecessarily. The above listed natural home remedies will help you overcome Acne and bring back the lost confidence in yourself to face people.
1 thought on “Amazing Home Remedies to Treat Acne”
sir / mam can i treat my self in home with leech?? plz reply….i hv pimples on my face…plz will it heal soon??