The rate at which the infertility has become a common problem is quite alarming, most of this phenomenon can be attributed directly to the current hectic lifestyle that is taking a toll on the overall health. Infertility is often talked in soft whispers and there is a lot of stigma attached to this medical condition.
According to Ayurveda, Infertility occurs when shukra dhatu or reproductive tissue of a person is deprived of nutrition. This can be caused due to improper digestion or effect of certain toxins in the body. The other causes of infertility as mentioned by Ayurveda are:
- Spicy and salty food
Dealing with female infertility
Infertility means inability to conceive baby even after regular unprotected sexual intercourse. Infertility is quite prominent in both male and female. In Female infertility case, the female is not able to conceive a baby or get pregnant even after trying a lot. Female infertility is mainly due to the disorder in the internal reproductive organ of the female. To treat Infertility Ayurveda has mentioned few home remedies that can be quite effective. Following treatment can be used by female to treat infertility.
- Take soft and fresh Jatta of Ashwatha, Peepal tree and grind them to prepare a powder. Add this powder to about / liter of milk. Boil the mixture until just half of it is left in the pot. Add some loaf of sugar and honey in the remaining mixture. Use this mixture regularly for 10 to 12 days starting from the 6th day of the menstrual cycle. This remedy is quite helpful in treating infertility.
- Take about 3 g of Gorochana, 10 g of Gal Peepri and about the same amount of Ashwagandha (also known as Winter cherry or Withania somnifera). Grind this mixture and make powder. Use this powder with milk on the fourth day of the menstruation cycle.
- Using Shatavari or Asparagus Racemosus powder with milk or ghee also helps in dealing with infertility in females.
- Ayurveda also strongly advocates use of Putra Jeevak or Putranjiva Roxburghii for treating female infertility. This is a natural herb that has unique properties to cure infertility. The use of Putra Jeevak and Shivilingi (also known as Bryonia Laciniosa) seed offers a unique herbal solution for ending female infertility.
- Using powder of dry Peepal fruits (Ficus Religiosa) once a day also helps in improving chances of pregnancy.
Dealing with Male Infertility
Infertility is not only found in females, but also be males. In men the most common issue is the inadequate production of the motile, healthy normal sperm. Let us have a look at different Ayurvedic home remedies that can help in treating male infertility.
- Take about 1 g of tulsi seeds (Holy Basil, Ocimum sanctum) and grind it to make powder. Use this powder daily with milk in the night time for treating infertility.
- Using the mango extracts with honey daily in the morning also helps in treating impotency. Most of the patients are also advised to consume more mangoes during the treatment.
- Take equal amount of extracts of onion and Adrak (ginger) extract and mix it with natural honey and ghee. Use this mixture twice a day regularly for about two months for treating male infertility issues. Using onion and honey daily also helps in getting rid of infertility.
- Eating about 5 scraps of roasted Garlic (Lehsun) in Desi ghee also helps in the treatment.
- Using Tulsi (Holy Basil) root powder with the betel leaves is also considered effective in treating male infertility.
There are few other things that every male should keep in mind to lead a healthy life while maintaining fertility. These are.
- Always keep your mind clean. Keeping holy thoughts in mind helps in purifying the soul and body.
- Avoid masturbation and sodomy, these are the prime causes of many sexual diseases.
- To keep yourself fit take a walk with naked foot before the sunrise.
- Keep your body fit by working out regularly
- In the night take a small walk after dinner and try to keep a minimum interval of 2-3 hours between dinner and sleep.