Piles or hemorrhoids are small painful swellings comprising of enlarged blood vessels. It is just inside or outside the anus and is commonly known as internal or external piles. Piles are common during pregnancy.
- Constipation and other bowel disorders
- Poor diet habits
- Sitting on hard seats for long time
- Lack of exercise
- Mental tension
It causes severe pain during passing stools. Pain while sitting, discomfort and itches.
Home remedies to treat Piles:
- Make juice of ripe Bael fruit adding sugar, black pepper and cardamom powder. Take this juice twice a day.
- Take out the juice of radish. Add some salt and drink it twice a day for about a month.
- Take 30-50 ml of decoction of sonth once a day.
- Take buttermilk twice a day after food.
- Soak 2-3 dry figs in water and take this on empty stomach in the morning. Take this in the evening also. Continue it for 3-4 weeks.
- Make onion juice and add some sugar as per taste. Take this juice for about a month daily.
- Juice of bitter gourd juice is also very helpful. Mix this juice with a glass of butter milk and drink in the morning.
- Sprinkle some salt on Jambul fruit and eat this every morning for 2-3 months.
- Mango seed powder can be taken with honey.
- Isabgol or Psyllium husk are very good for getting rid of constipation. That helps in preventive measure of piles. Many ayurvedic piles medicines are also based on isabgol.
Ayurvedic Medicines for Piles:
Ayurveda practitioners generally prescribe below medicines to treat Piles. Although most of the ayurvedic medicines are safe, we highly recommend taking advice from a qualified practitioner before trying below mentioned medicines as medicine recommendation can change based on type of ‘dosha‘ body the patient has.
- 30 ml of Abhayarishta syrup should be taken with lukewarm water before going to bed.
- 2 pills of Arsha Harivati can be taken twice a day with butter milk or warm water for 40 days.
- Triphalachurnam should be taken regularly to cure constipation. Take 2 tsp of this powder with warm water before going to bed.
Avoid spicy food. Eat easily digestible food. Drink enough water. Adopt fruit diet for few days as fruits are rich in fibre.