What is Chickenpox?
Chickenpox is a condition which occurs in a majority of children at some point in time in their childhood. It is common in the spring and winter season and affects the majority of children at the same time.
Causes of Chickenpox:
Chickenpox is mainly caused due to the virus known as varicella-zoster. If your child is also suffering from chickenpox, then there is no need to worry as there are many home remedies that help to get rid of chicken pox quite quickly.
Home remedies for Chickenpox:
- Application of honey is one of the effective home remedies for chicken pox. Smear the skin with honey; this is the best home remedies for chicken pox as it helps to treat the condition in just two days.
- Using green peas water is one of the best home remedies for treating chicken pox. When you cook peas in water, don?t discard the water, use this water instead to treat your child from chickenpox.
- Taking a bath with some oatmeal is also one of the best home remedies for chicken pox as it helps to reduce the itching arising out of the chicken pox. Cook some two cups of oatmeals and add it to some two liters of water and cook the mixture for around twenty minutes. Put this mixture in a cotton bag and allow it to float and swooshed in the tub until it turns the bathwater turbid. Allow your children to splash this water on the scalds. This will effectively help to get rid of chicken pox.
- Brown vinegar is one of the most powerful home remedies that help to cure chicken pox. Add some vinegar to the bath water. This also helps to reduce the irritation occurring due to the chicken pox and also treats the lesions.
- Bathing with neem leaves is also one of the best home remedies that go in treating chicken pox. Not only it helps to treat chicken pox but also fights all the other skin disorders.
- Sponge the entire body of your child with a mixture of baking soda and water. Baking soda reduces the itching caused due to the chicken pox and also heals the lesions.
So if your child is suffering from chicken pox, just use these home remedies and see how it will prove beneficial in treating chicken pox.
7 thoughts on “Home remedies for Chicken Pox”
I want to know that what happens if we take bath before the chiken pox has not come down?
i want to know what happens if we take bath before chikenpox blisterss are not come down
You can take a luke warm bath even if chickenpox is there. But we will suggest to add few neem leaves to the water before making it warm. This will add in the healing process. Again make sure, you dry the skin properly after bath. Wet skin for a longer time will lead to skin irritation.
Can somebody tell me what is flour of jaee
I read it in one of the remedies of chicken pox
Flour of a jaee is nothing but flour of oat.
do i need to give black cardmon to my son to check if the blisters on his shoulders and neck are chickenpox.
Im suffering frm chicken pox.many blisters r thr on my body.too much on my face.its very itching.i want to consult ayurvedic doctor or home remedies?which is best?