Cystitis is a common urinary infection due to inflammation of the bladder area especially in the wall of the bladder. It is not a very complex condition. However, it gets itchier and then leads to more complications, if not treated on time.
Using natural herbs is one of the best methods to cure urinary intact infections like cystitis and urethritis. These herbs cure and reduce the inflammation caused by cystitis and relax muscle spasms. This disease is common not only in women but also in men. The major symptoms of cystitis include fever, nausea or vomiting, burning sensation while urinating, blood in urine or semen in men.
Ayurveda has been studying issues on cystitis conditions since ancient times. Hence over a period of time, they have come up with some herbs which are very beneficial and good for treating acute cystitis.
In Ayurveda terms, apan vayu is disturbed when there is elimination or disturbance in urination. This problem is also called as mootrakruchhra in Ayurveda and it is further categorized into four types:
- Vataj mootrakruchhra: Mainly caused by vitiated Vayu i.e. air. It’s marked by obstructed urination and severe pain in the pelvic region.
- Pittaj mootrakruchhra: Caused mainly by vitiated pitta. This shows severe burning micturition and turns the colour of urine red or yellowish.
- Kaphaj mootrakruchhra: Caused mainly by vitiated Kapha. This is characterized by swelling and heaviness in the pelvic region resulting in sticky urine.
- Sannipatik mootrakruchhra: Caused by vitiation of all the three doshas and hence have mixed characteristics
As per ayurvedic treatment, any of these above issues do not require any surgical intervention. The line of treatment involves the removal of infection with internal detoxification, cleaning and removing any blockages in the urinary tract. This is combined with natural herbs to tone the kidneys and eventually normalize the functioning of apan vayu.
Below is a list of the most effective ayurvedic herbs used to cure cystitis of the human body:
- Chandana: Chandana powder is one of the valuable treatments for cystitis. It is to be consumed with milk which will help cure urinary inflammation effectively. It is also recommended to add fennel water and ginger piece to increase the effectiveness.
- Kateli, Kantakari: It is a diuretic which helps in the easy flow if the urine through the excretory system. Hence it helps in curing cystitis. It is also effective for gonorrhoea and urinary stones as well.
- Kulfa: This is known to be a very effective herb which is used in the treatment of urinary infections. It is not only common in Indian tradition but also with Greek tradition as well. Kulfa leaves mixed with water are required to be taken twice in a day which will result in excessive sweating. This will eventually take care of the scanty urination problem.
Ayurvedic herbs preparations are very beneficial for treating cystitis problem. These come in the form of Asava or Arishta, Sarivasava, Useerasava, Bhasma, Kashaya etc. It is recommended to consult an ayurvedic physician for cystitis before taking any of the ayurvedic herbs in combination. Most of these herbs do not have any side effects. However, physician consultation is recommended. This is because some of these herbs or medicines may have effects on skin or other parts of the body.
Take good care of your health because ultimately ‘Health is wealth’!